KBC Advanced Technologies, Inc.
- Mel is a Principal Consultant with KBC. Mel has over 35 years’ experience as a Chemical Engineer.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to Project Manager on various KBC projects and specialty consulting on Fluid Catalyst Cracking processes.
- Consulting services specialise in process troubleshooting and profit improvement analysis in the FCC, Unsaturates Gas Plant, Alkylation and Naphtha Reformer areas.
- Mel has more than ten years refinery hands-on experience with unique awareness to refinery day-to-day processing problems.
- Technical Advisor to National Oil company new Latin American refinery project. FEL-0 through FEL III assistance in complete complex and build both strategic and in detailed work assistance with owner, licensors and EPC firm.
- Mel has been project manager on profit improvement programs with extensive international experience, working in USA, Europe, Australia, South America, South Korea, and Japan. Additionally, Mel worked as key advisor on a grassroots complex refinery build. Personal responsibilities required overall refinery knowledge and capability to manage and coordinate multiple disciplines on both client and company aspects of the work.
- Mel has assisted majors in various troubleshooting operations on FCC, including excessive catalyst losses, the re-optimization of operation for higher conversion with existing equipment.
- He has identified and implemented charge rate increase in USGC FCC by 3 kbpd without investment and over 20% additional capacity in Japanese FCC Unit without investment.
- He has coordinated FCC and Unsaturate Gas Plant analysis on major Yield and Energy Surveys throughout the world. The Unsaturate Gas Plant analysis often includes rigorous simulation of the facilities.
« Back to previous page